Thursday, November 11, 2010

corn starch

I loved the corn starch experiment for several reasons. One reason is how it is both a solid and a liquid. Another reason is that when you press your hands together that makes it fell hard but when you stop pressing it turns into a liquid goo. I also loved playing with the goo at home even through it made a big mess. I liked that you didn't need soap to wash your hands since the powder came right off when you put your hands under water even though I used soap. I observed that the mixture smelled like garbage. I also made an observation that when you put a bunch of goo in your hand and cup it, it feels like you are touching a persons hand but really you are touching the goo. I never knew corn starch and water could make such an interesting substance. Overall, I think this was one the best science experiments this year so far and definately the most fun.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emma,
    This was a very good reflection of the experiment we did with corn starch and water. I like how you used the scientific term: substance. :) I didn't realize that it smelled like garbage though. Good job!

    ReplyDelete